- .IL: 250,000+ domain names registered. Registration open for anyone for one year.
- .CO.IL for commercial entities. The TLD can contain 3-63 alphanumeric characters and a hyphen (except at the beginning and the end).
- .ORG.IL for Non-profit organizations
Launched On: October 24, 1985
DNS Root Server: NIC-ISRAEL, also manages the Israeli Internet Exchange (IIX)
Administration: The Israel Internet Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the use of Internet for research, communication and collaboration purposes.
- Location: Southwest Asia and the Middle East
- Language: Hebrew & Arabic
- Rank 24th in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report and 52nd in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index
- It has the second-largest number of startup companies in the world (after the United States) and the third-largest number of NASDAQ-listed companies (after the United States and China).