Parent Company: Rackspace, US Inc.
Key Selling Points
- The Hosting & Managed cloud company
- The best collaborative public, private or open hybrid cloud deployment company
- (June 22, 2017) Rackspace Named a Leader in Independent Evaluation of the Forrester Research, Inc. June 2017 report, The Forrester Wave™, for Hosted Private Cloud Services. The company had achieved Highest Score in business technology vision, market approach, partner ecosystem, Strategy and Automation Capabilities for its OpenStack Private Cloud Offering. The Rackspace was among vendors that scored the highest for the self-service portal and user interface, integration strength, service level agreements (SLAs), storage and contract agreements.
Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services, North America, Q2 2017: In report evaluated nine vendors based on 33 criteria including current offering, strategy and market presence.
- (May 01, 2017) Rackspace named as a 2017 Red Hat Innovation Awards winner in the Cloud Infrastructure category by Red Hat, Inc. The company recognized for managing and maintaining Private Cloud solutions using Red Hat OpenStack Platform, as well as other Red Hat technologies, such as Red Hat Ceph Storage, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat CloudForms. The customer benefits with the greater security, control, and performance of an enterprise environment.
- Rackspace has more than one billion managed server hours operating production-ready OpenStack clouds, also works closely with Red Hat on version and feature updates, including the recently launched support for Red Hat long-life and standard lifecycle support options.
- Named a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers
- Recently recognized as a Premier Consulting Partner, the highest tier within the AWS Partner Network
- Honored by Fortune, Forbes, and others as one of the best companies to work for.
Services Offered: Managed private cloud solutions that support multiple platforms including OpenStack, VMware® Private Cloud, and Microsoft® Private Cloud.
- Windows and Linux managed hosting, dedicated servers, Managed colocation, email hosting
- Managed Hosting, The Rackspace Cloud™ and & Apps (formerly Mailtrust)
Number of Customers: In 150 countries, which includes more than half of the FORTUNE 100
Target Customers: Businesses of all sizes and kinds around the world
Number of Customers: 70,000+ customers, including over 51,000 cloud computing customers
What for Customers?
- Tight security systems
- Enterprise-level hosting services
- Fully help customers to leverage AWS to achieve maximum performance, agility, scalability, and cost-efficiency.
- Helps businesses tap the power of cloud computing without the complexity and cost of managing it all on their own.
Support: Provides Fanatical-Support addressing three critical areas where customers need support along their cloud journey. The company Engineers deliver specialized expertise, easy-to-use tools, and Fanatical Support® for leading technologies including AWS, Google, Microsoft, OpenStack, and VMware.
- Architecture Strategy & Guidance: Delivers extensive planning, review and consulting around architecture best practices, customer environments, account planning and review of clients’ proposed VPC infrastructure design. Also included in this offer is guidance for AWS services that provide functionality in networking, storage, security, and operations on AWS.
- Cloud Migration: Provides assistance with moving web and database workloads to AWS using tried and tested migration tools and methodologies. Also, Fanatical Support for AWS Professional Services gives customers solutions expertise and ongoing operational support throughout the migration process for a wide array of workloads.
- Cloud Automation: Offers assistance with building and delivering products using AWS and DevOps best practices, including serverless and containerized workloads. It also includes the implementation of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), infrastructure automation and application deployment, plus integration of third-party tools and services.
- The client experience center is at the company’s headquarters in San Antonio.
- (July 18, 2017) Announced to deliver the Managed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on a cloud-native platform in Solve Conference, New York. It features built-in tools for scaling, metrics, microservices, and stream processing. It would feature 24/7 management for troubleshooting, managing updates, feature releases, and integration with various services; multi-cloud capability; and on-demand expertise for handing version upgrades, feature enhancements, and other technical updates. It enables businesses to use Pivotal Cloud Foundry on any public or private cloud as well as on customer-owned infrastructure. The technology is beneficial and accessible to developers to an organization of all types and size, regardless of expertise and experience with the platform and increases their productivity and almost 50% reduction in IT cost due to platform automation.
- (July 18, 2017) Rackspace held its first-ever Partner Day on Monday, July 17, 2017, at Rackspace Solve, in New York City and made a promise to partners to deliver “Fanatical Channel,” talked about by partner advisory council.
- (July 13, 2017) Microsoft offered the local version of Azure cloud service: Rackspace Added Support for Microsoft Azure Stack to help enterprises to reduce complexity, from planning and migration to the ongoing tasks of scaling applications, managing costs, maintaining security and ensuring application uptime.
- (Jul 12, 2017) Rackspace’s support to new customers of Microsoft’s Azure Stack — private cloud inside the corporate data center could poach business clients.
- (June 21, 2017) Rackspace Creates New Division as it has closed an acquisition of consulting and managed services company TriCore Solutions. With that, it plans to serve customers “up the stack” with management of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Analytics and other enterprise applications. The division would deliver managed applications for business intelligence and analytics, and data warehousing. The acquisition would increase Rackspace’s headcount by 500 employees, and TriCore CEO Mark Clayman would report directly to Rackspace President Jeff Cotten.